Link and Learn Webinars
The Newcastle Law School invites you to view the following online panel discussions, collecting insight and expertise from the most knowledgable and innovative members of the legal community.
Available now is the recording of our panel discussion with Professor Tania Sourdin (Newcastle Law School), Marcus McCarthy (Nexus Law Group) and Terri Mottershead (Centre for Legal Innovation) and moderated by Dr Bin Li as they help us to explore the following issues:
- The New legal Landscape /law in 2030 / NewLaw & LawTech Roadmap
- LawTech - Positive Innovation or Negative Disruption?
- Growth areas for the Profession – Navigating the new legal landscape
Meet Hunter SDG Taskforce advocate and lawyer Belinda Charlton and Al Gore-trained Climate Reality Leader and clinical teacher / solicitor at Newcastle Law School, Jacquie Svenson, in conversation about:
- Recent domestic and international cases, together with some tips and insights into how lawyers can best use their skills and experience in the current climate emergency
- Their recent training and overseas experiences in this area:
- Belinda in UN certification in Disaster Risk Management and Sustainable Development Planning.
- Jacquie as one of only 14 NSW recipients to participate in the 2020 global online Al Gore’s Climate Reality Leader training, with 10,000 others from around the world
You can watch the panel here, using the access code +J?R4E6n
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.