PhD and Research Masters
Find the right research degree
The following research degrees are offered by the School of Architecture and the Built Environment.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs
- PhD (Architecture)
- PhD (Building)
- PhD (Disaster Management)
- PhD (Industrial Design)
Master of Philosophy programs
- M Philosophy (Architecture)
- M Philosophy (Building)
- M Philosophy (Disaster Management)
- M Philosophy (Industrial Design)
Our research strengths
Research capabilities within the School:
- Architecture and design - theory and history
- Architecture and design - computing and cognition
- Sustainable and resilient environments
- Building business governance
- Integrated project management
Find a supervisor
All research degree candidates require a supervisor. It is recommended you start actively searching for potential supervisors in your chosen field before you submit your application.
You can search for a supervisor by researcher name, area of expertise or by research centre name.
To find out more about research degree opportunities available in the School of Architecture and the Built Environment please contact:
T: +61 2 4921 5771
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.