Digital competencies and empowerment for women in construction
This project is an employment and digital skills development program for women in Latin America to facilitate economic recovery and independence. This project considers education/training, employment, and increased entrepreneurship capability to empower women in construction trades. Through the sponsorship of the Council on Australia Latin America Relations – COALAR, this project will increase workforce participation where women are underrepresented in Chile, Colombia and Peru.
- Pontifical Xavierian University, Bogota, Colombia
- Catholic University of the North, Antofagasta Chile
- San Pablo Catholic University, Arequipa, Peru
- Understand regional challenges to women participation in the construction industry and developing evidence-based strategies to increase female representation.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange on virtual reality (VR) technology in construction safety education for experimental learning.
- Deliver VR training to three cohorts of 20 women.
- Provide skills and training development, mentoring and networking for women to pursue a career in construction trades.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.