International Alumni Family and Friends Scholarship
Our unique International Alumni Family and Friends Scholarship gives international students the chance to follow in the footsteps of our alumni, and experience all that life at the University of Newcastle has to offer.
When a University of Newcastle alumnus refers you through the scholarship program, you’ll receive a $10,000 AUD contribution towards your studies. You’ll also gain access to exclusive professional development opportunities and invaluable professional connections.
For more information and to apply, please visit our International Alumni Family and Friends web page.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be referred by an Alumnus of University of Newcastle.
- Apply to the University of Newcastle via the International Alumni Family and Friends Scholarship process.
- Be the only student referred by a given Alumnus for receipt of the scholarship in a given year.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia, and be in Australia on a student visa for the primary purpose of studying.
- Be commencing in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program with The University in 2020, excluding quota programs.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of study.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship benefit is a maximum of AU$10,000, payable as a tuition fee waiver. This will be applied against tuition fees for the first two terms of study in the eligible program at a rate of AU$5,000 per term.
The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient's UON customer account around census date in the relevant terms of study.
Application for this scholarship is via the International Alumni Family and Friends Scholarship page.
Selection will be based on your ability to meet the criteria for this scholarship and verification that you have been referred by an alumnus of University of Newcastle.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
International and Partnerships
University of Newcastle
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308