Cardiometabolic and Cardio-oncology Research Group Summer Scholarship
11 November 2018
This scholarship is for students who show a keen interest in and commitment to participating in supervised research with the Cardiometabolic and Cardio-oncology Research Group, within the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, during the period December 2018 to February 2019.
Participation is voluntary but the scholarship will offer the opportunity to actively gain experience with the Cardiometabolic and Cardio-oncology Research Group over an 8 week period. This will provide an opportunity to learn new research skills in a research lab and learn presentation skills by presenting a summary of your experience to the project team.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science or Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) programs in the School of Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacy.
- Demonstrate an interest in gaining experience in a research laboratory over vacation period.
- Be in the final year of the undergraduate course and considering further postgraduate studies (desirable, not essential).
- Students from other relevant undergraduate programs may apply if they meet the selection criteria.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A brief statement (max 300 words) outlining why you are interested in participating in a particular area of research, the proposed area of research and supervisor, and your future goals and aspirations.
Two (2) scholarships are valued at $2,500 each. This benefit will be paid following acceptance of the scholarship offer.
Selection of the scholar shall be based on consideration of the application and academic merit. Recommendations shall be made by Associate Professor Doan Ngo.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759