Faculty of Science High Achievers Scholarship
The Faculty of Science established these scholarships to recognise high achieving applicants and to encourage and support students entering undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Science.
The applicable undergraduate programs are:
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Development Studies/Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Development Studies/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible undergraduate program within the Faculty of Science.
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 95 or higher, NOT including adjustment factors.
- Must have completed your Year 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling program in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides $2,000, paid in two (2) payments of $1, 000 after census date of each semester for the 1st year.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only - the faculty will aim to support all students who meet the criteria.
No application is required for this scholarship. Scholarships will be automatically awarded to eligible students based on a review of semester 1 admissions data by the university.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759