Faculty of Science High Achievers Scholarship
This scholarship was established to recognise and support exceptional students receiving an offer to commence study with the Faculty of Science, University of Newcastle.
There are ten scholarships available, including four scholarships for students receiving an early offer via Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).
The applicable undergraduate programs are:
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Climate Science and Adaptation
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Development Studies/Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Development Studies/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Development Studies/ Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Development Studies/ Bachelor of Global Indigenous Studies
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible undergraduate program within the Faculty of Science, University of Newcastle..
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 95 or higher, not including adjustment factors.
- For students receiving an admission offer via Schools Recommendations Scheme (SRS), have demonstrated outstanding performance in Year 11 commensurate with a final raw ATAR of 95 or higher.
- Must have completed your Year 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling program in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $2000, which will be paid as $1000 each semester after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
No application is required for this scholarship.
The university will identify potential recipients, based on the approved eligibility criteria and a review of the relevant UAC and/or University records.
Four (4) scholarships will be awarded to students receiving an offer of admission to an eligible program (not including Advanced degrees) via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS). These will be automatically awarded alongside the UAC November Round 1 Admissions outcomes.
If you are applying to university via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) and meet the criteria, you will be considered. Please monitor the key SRS application dates listed on the UAC website https://www.uac.edu.au/key-dates"><b>here</b></a>.</p>
Three (3) scholarships will be awarded to the highest ranked students commencing in an eligible Advanced degree. These offers will be made following our main UAC admissions rounds and our direct Enabling to undergraduate offer round.
Three (3) scholarships will be available to students who meet the scholarship criteria, with preference given to a student in each of the following areas where possible:
- Indigenous students relocating from a rural location to Newcastle
- Females in a Faculty of Science STEM program
- Rural/ Remote students relocating to Newcastle.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759