Master of Creative Industries (MCI) International Scholarship for Excellence
22 January 2018
The Faculty of Education and Arts MCI International Scholarship for Excellence has been established for qualified International students enrolling in the Faculty’s Master of Creative Industries degree.
Applicable to postgraduate, Master of Creative industries, international.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in the Master of Creative Industries program, University of Newcastle.
- Be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying International student.
- Be enrolled full-time (40 units per semester).
- Have a GPA of 6 or higher in a previous undergraduate degree; or a degree with equivalent work experience demonstrated through a work portfolio and other certified documentation.
- Not be the recipient of another scholarship for the same program.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- An academic transcript showing required GPA or combination of transcript and documents demonstrating equivalent work experience (e.g. portfolio and resume).
- A copy of your IELTS certificate if available.
Up to two (2) scholarships may be awarded annually, which provide a 50% fee waiver to cover half the tuition rate for full-time study. This equates to approximately $15,050 over the full course of the program (indicative amount based on 2017 fees).
The scholarship covers tuition fees only. Airfare, accommodation, living expenses, SSAF and Overseas Student Health Cover are not included.
Applications must be submitted online by the scholarship close date to be considered.
Selection is a competitive process and will include an assessment of the online application against eligibility criteria. IELTS scores may be taken into account.
Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to submit a 3-minute video addressing why they should be chosen for this scholarship and attend an online interview.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759