Faculty of Education and Arts (FEDUA) Faculty Scholars Program High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2013 to attract and retain high-achieving undergraduate students into FEDUA degree programs through a system of recognition, support, enrichment and reward.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in the first year of a Bachelor of Arts
- Have an ATAR or equivalent entry score of 92 or above
- Be enrolling full-time at the Callaghan or Central Coast Campus
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not have previously received this scholarship or any other scholarship for a program in which the student is currently enrolled
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
Up to 15 scholarships will be offered annually. This scholarship provides for a total benefit of up to $4000 and the current version of Apple iPad. The $4000 sum is payable in two (2) lump sum payments of $2000 per annum after the semester 1 census date each year, and the current version of Apple iPad will be presented to the recipient after the census date at the FEDUA Faculty Scholars Program (FSP) Welcome Reception.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded following January Admissions rounds for Semester 1 intake.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR). Preference will be given to students who completed their year 12 Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University at a school within the following areas and postcodes:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
The number of scholarships awarded annually is subject to funding. Not all students who receive an ATAR greater than 92 are guaranteed a scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759