Crestani Foundation Community Scholarship in Cancer Care
28 February 2022
DonorCrestani Scholarships Limited
Crestani Scholarships Ltd is a unique charity which funds further education to advance education, skills and techniques in cancer treatment. In memory of her husband Chris, Yvonne Crestani leads a small group of volunteers supporting better outcomes for Cancer Patients by way of Education. As the Foundation is supported by donations from the community, it is a request of this scholarship, that on completion of the placement the successful recipient will be willing to make presentations on their experiences and the impact that the scholarship has had.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of the joint program Bachelor of Medical Science & Doctor of Medicine in the College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be a resident of the Central Coast Local Government Area (LGA).
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate satisfactory progression through your degree with no failed units.
- Be interested in a future career in Cancer Care.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- You may be required to provide documents to support your educational disadvantage claims. These will be identified when you apply based on your individual application responses.
- The application will include a free text question asking you to outline your interest in associated future opportunities with this donor and/or Industry partner.
- Up to 3 documents which demonstrate your academic achievement, such as awards and acknowledgements, participation in enrichment and travel programs or internships, academic competitions or challenges, your portfolio and/or cv.
This scholarship is a one-off lump sum payment of $5,000 for a term of one year.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Selection will be made by the College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing Selection Panel which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice-Chancellor, College of Health, Medicine and Wellbeing. Assoc Prof Radiation Therapy Lead and Central Coast Clinical School Operations Manager will be invited to join the selection panel for this scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.