Lord Mayor's Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorCity of Newcastle
This scholarship has been established by the City of Newcastle’s Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes. The scholarship aims to support students studying an undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle who are experiencing financial hardship.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
You may also consider applying for the Lord Mayor's Scholarship for Women.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate program with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan or Newcastle City campus.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4,000, paid as a lump sum after Semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Panel will take into account prior academic achievement, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the Multi-Faculty Selection Panel which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic).
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759