Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge Yapug Scholarship
06 March 2020
The funding for this scholarship was raised by 25 volunteer trekkers in a University led peer-to-peer fundraising challenge, the 2019 Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge. The volunteer trekkers encompassed staff (including Professor Alex Zelinsky AO), alumni and community members. It is the intention that these scholarships will support Yapug students who are dedicated, but in need of financial support.
For full details of this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Yapug program.
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4,000, paid in instalments of $2,000 after the semester one and two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will take into account prior academic achievement, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the Wollotuka Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice Chancellor – Indigenous Strategy and Leadership.
The Selection Committee will communicate the details of successful recipients to the delegated Scholarships Officer, and all applicants will be notified of an outcome via email. This will occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship close date.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759