Infrabuild Wire Scholarship
Infrabuild Wire is part of the GFG Alliance international group of business and is Australia’s premier manufacturer of wire products.
The scholarship program will be based at the Newcastle Wire Mill. The Wire Mill has the capacity to produce 160,000 tonnes of wire coils, prefabricated fencing and barb wire rolls.
Scholarship recipients may have the opportunity to apply for paid vacation work at the Newcastle Wire Mill in technical areas related to their course. This work would need to have a task brief identified and signed off by the Manufacturing Manager and Technical & Innovation Manager.
It is Infrabuild Wires’ intention to build ongoing relationships with the scholar during the degree program which may include a final year research project relevant to the Newcastle Wire Mill business.
The intention of the scholarship program is for scholars to be considered for a career with Rural and Wire Products on graduation.
This scholarship is not yet open for 2021. Please log in to the application portal and register interest in this scholarship to receive an email notification when applications open.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year of the B Chemical Engineering, B Mechanical Engineering, B Mechatronics Engineering or B Electrical Engineering program at UON Callaghan Campus.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher in your current program.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide. You can also review the document requirements in the Terms & Conditions
The scholarship provides a benefit of $3,000 each year, for up to 3 years, to be paid as two lump sums of $1,500 after semester one and semester two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will take into account prior academic achievement, interest in a career in the relevant industry, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the FEBE Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment. Representatives from Infrabuild Wire will be invited to join the selection committee. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to Infrabuild Wire plant for a final interview.
The Selection Committee will communicate the details of successful recipients to the delegated Scholarships Officer, and all applicants will be notified of an outcome via email. This will occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship close date.
Where there are no eligible applicants after a maximum of two rounds per year then the scholarship will not be offered for that year.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759