Infrabuild Wire Scholarship
Infrabuild Wire is part of the GFG Alliance international group of business and is Australia’s premier manufacturer of wire products.
The scholarship program will be based at the Newcastle Wire Mill. The Wire Mill has the capacity to produce 160,000 tonnes of wire coils, prefabricated fencing and barb wire rolls.
Scholarship recipients may have the opportunity to apply for paid vacation work at the Newcastle Wire Mill in technical areas related to their course. This work would need to have a task brief identified and signed off by the Manufacturing Manager and Technical & Innovation Manager.
It is Infrabuild Wires’ intention to build ongoing relationships with the scholar during the degree program which may include a final year research project relevant to the Newcastle Wire Mill business.
The intention of the scholarship program is for scholars to be considered for a career with Rural and Wire Products on graduation.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year of the B Chemical Engineering, B Mechanical Engineering, B Mechatronics Engineering or B Electrical Engineering program at UON Callaghan Campus.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $3,000 each year, for up to 3 years, to be paid as $1,500 after semester one and semester two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Representatives from Liberty Steel will join the Selection Committee to shortlist applicants. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to Liberty Rural and Wire plant for a final interview.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759