* Muswellbrook Shire Council Creative Scholarships
08 August 2021
DonorMuswellbrook Shire Council
These scholarships were established by Muswellbrook Shire Council to support students in developing collaborative creative practice through project-based initiatives. It is the intention of these scholarships to support students in the Creative Industries Professional Project course CIND3003.
The scholarships aim to support students across disciplines of communications, design, film, music, and the visual and performing arts. Muswellbrook Shire Council recognises the value in providing students with a real industry project to build skills, encourage collaborative creative work practices and provide scope for potential future projects and career insights.
This project will use a joint supervisory model with a supervisory team consisting of 1 x principal supervisor from the University of Newcastle and 1 x associate supervisor from Muswellbrook Shire Council (MSC).
Joint supervisory meetings will be held once a fortnight or as required during the period of the scholarship. Meetings may be held electronically or at University of Newcastle or Muswellbrook as needs dictate. This does not preclude any additional informal supervision, advice, guidance or instruction being provided by the principal and/or associate supervisors. The independent research / learning may occur on campus, at the site of research (MSC), and other research sites to be determined by the requirements of the Blue Heeler Film Festival timeline. Successful scholarship recipients will attend required classes and/or meetings as determined by UON and MSC.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
There are 5 scholarships available in semester 2 2021. Applications are open now and close 25 July 2021.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in CIND3003 – Creative Industries Professional Project.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate academic achievement through a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- The application include a free text question response asking you to outline your interest in completing your Professional Project with Muswellbrook Shire Council and interest in the Blue Heeler Film Festival.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000 paid after the relevant census dates (usually September for semester 2).
The scholarship also provides the opportunity to complete your Creative Industries Professional Project with Muswellbrook Shire Council and the Blue Heeler Film Festival.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Selection will be made by the College of Human and Social Futures Selection Panel which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice-Chancellor, College of Human and Social Futures (or their nominee).
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.