Mahrahkah Aboriginal Medical Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorThe Awabakal Descendants Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation (ADTOAC)
This scholarship was established by The Awabakal Descendants Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation (ADTOAC). ADTOAC is a not for profit charitable organisation that was started by the direct descendants of Mahrahkah, a traditional Awabakal woman from the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region. ADTOAC facilitates and promotes a greater respect and understanding for Awabakal Aboriginal Cultural Heritage (including artwork, language, customs and beliefs, Sacred and significant sites) through education of the wider community. They have the ability to sponsor activities for the purpose of facilitating the educational prospects of Aboriginal People that will see outcomes that benefit the wider community.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd year of the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine degree in the Faculty of Health and Medicine, UON.
- Demonstrate satisfactory progression through your degree with no failed units.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000 each year for up to 4 years of eligible study, with a total value of $16,000.
The scholarship will be paid in instalments of $2000 each semester, in April and September.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759