East Gosford, Lisarow and Kincumber Community Bank® Scholarship
06 March 2019
DonorEast Gosford and District Financial Services Ltd
East Gosford and Districts Financial Services Ltd (EGDFS) is an NSX-listed company which operates three Bendigo Bank Community Bank® branches on the NSW Central Coast, at East Gosford, Lisarow and Kincumber.
As part of its strong community focus, EGDFS returns a substantial proportion of its annual profit to the community by way of sponsorships, grants or similar support to not-for-profit organisations, sporting clubs and similar community-focused organisations across the Central Coast.
As part of this community commitment, EGDFS wishes to extend its support to a worthy student from the Central Coast enrolled full-time in a program of study at UON Central Coast, who might otherwise face challenges to undertake or continue with their program of study.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle Central Coast Campus.
- Be a resident of the Central Coast Local Government Area (LGA).
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of educational disadvantage, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year to be paid as two lump sums of $2,500 after semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
The scholarship is ongoing for up to 4 years, provided eligibility is maintained, with a total value of $20,000.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759