MBC Construction Management Scholarship
06 March 2019
DonorMBC Modern Building Certifiers
Modern Building Certifiers (MBC) is accredited with the NSW Government as an Accredited Certifier and Principal Certifier. It offers a fresh approach to certification and consulting services, with an innovative team of Accredited Certifiers who work hard to provide outstanding levels of service to its clients.
MBC nurtures talent and believes in supporting a work-life balance, providing its growing team with opportunities for further education and professional growth. The firm is proud to invest in the future of the building and construction industry, and has established this scholarship to support students who are passionate about the industry and driven to succeed.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd year of the Bachelor of Construction Management (Building)(Honours) with Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, UON.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate impact of educational disadvantage, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement outlining your academic achievement to date, your experience of financial hardship, and your career aspirations in the relevant area of study or research as well as how this scholarship would assist you.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year, for 2 years of study in the eligible program. This will be paid after the semester 1 census date.
The total value of this scholarship is $10,000.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759