Boeing Indigenous Engineering Scholarship
28 February 2022
DonorBoeing Defence Australia
Boeing Defence Australia is a leading Australian aerospace enterprise. With a world-class team of more than 1,800 employees at 14 locations throughout Australia and two international sites, Boeing Defence Australia supports some of the largest and most complex defence projects in Australia. The successful recipient of the Boeing Indigenous Engineering Scholarship will be offered the opportunity to apply for a Boeing Defence Australia internship where you can put your university studies into practice before graduating.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd, 3rd, 4th year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Software, Computer Systems, Electrical and Electronic, Mechatronics and/or Mechanical) with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be studying at the Newcastle Callaghan, Newcastle City or Central Coast campus.
- Establish your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity and heritage with the university as outlined here.
- Demonstrate academic progress with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher and maintain this for the duration of scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $6,000 to be paid in two lump sums of $3,000 after each semester census date.
Selection will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the criteria and offers made to the applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.