Hunter Water Corporation Disability Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorHunter Water Corporation
This scholarship has been established by Hunter Water Corporation to provide an opportunity for a student with a disability to gain support with their studies through financial assistance. This scholarship is intended for students who are from a geographical area serviced by Hunter Water.
Hunter Water Corporation has supported student scholarships at the University of Newcastle (UON) for many years and by doing so continues to enrich its commitment to making a lasting different to the community.
In addition to the scholarship payment, the recipient of this scholarship may also be offered paid work experience with Hunter Water Corporation.
For the purpose of this scholarship, approved programs are:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (Renewable Energy Systems)
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st or 2nd year of one of the approved programs listed for this scholarship at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that your ability to study is affected, or will be affected by disability.
- Reside within an area serviced by Hunter Water. For more information on supply areas, check Hunter Water’s website.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Not have previously completed a degree.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $7,500 each year for up to 3 years. This is paid as two (2) lump sum payments of $3,750 after semester one and semester two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will take into account prior academic achievement, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the Mulit-Faculty Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) or equivalent.
The Selection Committee will communicate the details of successful recipients to the delegated Scholarships Officer, and all applicants will be notified of an outcome via email. This will occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship close date.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759