Hunter Water Corporation Undergraduate Disability Scholarship
06 March 2019
DonorHunter Water Corporation
This scholarship has been established by Hunter Water Corporation to provide an opportunity for a student with a disability to gain support with their studies through financial assistance.
Hunter Water Corporation has supported student scholarships at the University of Newcastle (UON) for many years and by doing so continues to enrich its commitment to making a lasting different to the community.
In addition to the scholarship payment, the recipient of this scholarship may also be offered paid work experience with Hunter Water Corporation.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be registered with UON's AccessAbility service for support with a disability.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of educational disadvantage, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Verification from the Disability Unit of the University of Newcastle of registration with the Disability Unit, if applicable
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
The scholarship provides a benefit of $7,500 each year for up to 3 years. This is paid as two (2) lump sum payments of $3,750 after semester one and semester two census dates.
Applications must be submitted online by the advertised closing date in order to be considered.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759