Lord Mayor's Scholarship for Women
DonorCity of Newcastle Lord Mayor
This scholarship has been established by the City of Newcastle's Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes. The scholarship aims to support women studying an undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle who are experiencing financial hardship.
One scholarship will be awarded annually.
Applicable to women, financial hardship, equity.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate program with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan or Newcastle City campus.
- Be female.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000 to be paid as a lump sum not prior to Semester 1 census date.
Selection will be based on assessment of the application, any required supporting documentation, and performance at interview if required.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759