Aston Bequest Honours Scholarship in Nursing & Midwifery
04 March 2018
DonorAston Bequest to School of Nursing and Midwifery
This scholarship has been established to assist in the training of Nurses & Midwives following instruction from the estate of Elizabeth Beverley Aston to the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) degree or a Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at the University of Newcastle
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement outlining your academic achievement to date, your experience of financial hardship, and your career aspirations in the relevant area of study or research as well as how this scholarship would assist you.
- A one page tentative research proposal that has been discussed with Honours Program Convenor.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
- TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and inlcude your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5000 to be paid as a lump sum following offer and not prior to Semester 1 census date.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, and assessment of the applications and required supporting documentation against the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759