Friends of the University Music Scholarship
28 February 2022
DonorFriends of the University of Newcastle
The Friends of the University were established in 1981 to foster an awareness of the university and its place in the community and to conduct activities including fundraising that promote the interests of the university. Since that time the Friends have raised over $1,000,000 and contributed towards scholarships, art works, music, rare books, infrastructure and more. This scholarship is to help students pursuing musical studies.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle in a music program in the Faculty of Education and Arts.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Have demonstrated a high standard during performance either at entry audition or at interview for shortlisted applicants.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000, paid as $2,000 following the semester one and two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Academic merit will be taken into consideration.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.