Edith and Joseph McBride Scholarship in Nursing
06 March 2020
DonorMr Joseph McBride
EstablishmentThe Edith and Joseph McBride scholarship in nursing was established by Joe and Pat McBride in memory of Joe’s parents. Pat encouraged Joe to establish the scholarship in memory of his parents and sought to support nursing students in recognition of the professional caring she received during her time fighting cancer.
The late Joseph McBride taught science at Gosford High School from 1936 until he retired in 1958 as deputy science master, while his wife Edith, raised their 15 children.
Applicable to: financial disadvantage, equity, Central Coast, nursing, Ourimbah, first (1st) year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of an undergraduate nursing degree at the University of Newcastle Central Coast Campus.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by attaining an ATAR of 75 or higher.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This successful applicant will receive $1000 each year for up to 3 years of study, provided eligibility criteria are met.
The total maximum benefit of this scholarship is $3000.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759