NSW Surveyor General's Women in Surveying Undergraduate Scholarship
06 March 2019
DonorBoard of Surveying and Spatial Information
EstablishmentThis scholarship was established by the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information to support a woman studying in her first year of the Bachelor of Surveying degree at the University of Newcastle.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of the Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) or combined degree including Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) with UON.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of educational disadvantage, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be female
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement outlining your academic achievement to date, your experience of financial hardship, and your career aspirations in the relevant area of study or research as well as how this scholarship would assist you.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 to be paid as a lump sum in semester 1, after census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759