Hunter Environmental Institute Undergraduate Scholarship
DonorHunter Environmental Institute
These scholarships have been established by the Hunter Environmental Institute to encourage and support students enrolled in the final year of an undergraduate degree related to environmental studies. The Institute seeks to reward students who demonstrate excellence in achievement and commitment in their environmental programs at the University of Newcastle.
Applicable to: final year, Environmental Science, Engineering (Environmental), equity, excellence, academic achievement, rural, regional, financial hardship.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management or Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours) degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000 paid as two lump sums of $2,000 following semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759