David Beer Undergraduate Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorMr David Beer
These scholarships were established to assist students from rural and remote areas to study Medicine and Nursing where those students meet the entry criteria and are financially disadvantaged.
Applicable to: Financially Disadvantaged, Regional, Remote, Rural, 1st year, First year, Medicine, Nursing, Medical Science, students.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Medical Science. Students in the B Medical Science must be undertaking a research project in a cancer related area.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Have a home address located in a regional or remote location, according to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Area (ASGC-RA) system. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
Up to 2 scholarships offered in 2020. The scholarship provides a benefit of $7,000 per annum paid as two lump sums of $3,500 after the Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates. Scholarship is tenable for the duration of the undergraduate program (up to 5 years maximum).
Selection is based on assessment of the scholarship application and suitability for the individual scholarship.
Selection will be made by the Faculty of Health and Medicine Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Health and Medicine;
Successful recipients will be communicated to by the delegated Scholarships Officer and all applicants notified of an outcome via email. This will usually occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship close date.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759