Dr Robert M Sheahan Memorial Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorCessnock City Council/ICI Australia Operations Pty Ltd Explosives Group
The scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Dr Robert M Sheahan, a Research Associate with ICI Explosives, who made many key scientific contributions to the explosives business worldwide. Robert Sheahan was a friend and mentor to a generation of research scientists and engineers working in the field of explosives.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a Bachelor of Science in the Faculty of Science, or a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment with University of Newcastle.
- Must not have commenced or completed a prior undergraduate degree program.
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 95 or higher, NOT including adjustment factors.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000 to be paid as two lump sum payments of $2,000 following the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759