FEBE-NIC Student Scholarship
The FEBE-NIC Student Scholarship is jointly funded by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE) and the Newcastle International College (NIC). It was established to encourage students from key target schools in Malaysia to consider a pathway with NIC to study engineering with UON.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program with UON.
- Be in one of the following single degree discipline areas: Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Surveying.
- Be an International student whose country of birth is Malaysia.
- Must have previously completed the Diploma of Engineering with the Newcastle International College (NIC) leading to the current B Engineering (Honours).
- Must have received a credit average (65%) or above in the NIC Diploma of Engineering prior to commencing in the current Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan Campus
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Not hold any other FEBE fee waiver scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE Alumni Family or FEBE Family Scholarships.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $AUD3000 payable as a tuition fee waiver paid as $1000 in the first semester of study and $2000 in the second semester of study.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only - FEBE will aim to support all students who meet the criteria subject to available funding.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholars will be assessed against the eligibility criteria during admission. Successful scholars will be determined on the basis of academic results over 65% in the Diploma of Engineering with NIC and eligible students will be awarded a scholarship.
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for any other FEBE funded scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family Scholarship.
The faculty reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759