FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
This scholarship has been established to encourage and support academically gifted international students to study a postgraduate coursework degree program with the Faculty.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing an eligible FEBE Engineering and Technology postgraduate coursework program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be studying on-campus at Callaghan.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Meet the tiered GPA level requirements.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This scholarship is ongoing for the remaining length of the program up to a maximum term of 2 years provided ongoing eligibility. This scholarship must be taken up in the year for which it is awarded.
The scholarship benefit received will vary depending on your GPA at entry:
- Tier 1: GPA 5.5 at entry - Term based programs $750 per 10 units
- Tier 2: GPA 5.0 at entry - Term based programs $500 per 10 units
- Tier 3: GPA 4.5 at entry - Term based programs $250 per 10 units.
The scholarship provides a tuition fee waiver of which ranges from $6,000 to $18,000 over the full 3-year tenure provided ongoing eligibility for the term of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid as a tuition fee waiver, reducing tuition fee liability. The tuition fee waiver will be applied after census date each semester/trimester.
The scholarship benefit and number of scholarships awarded may vary and will be determined by the funding available each year.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded automatically to students upon application to study an eligible FEBE Engineering or Technology postgraduate coursework degree program at the University of Newcastle.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit:
- Tier 1: UON determined GPA 5.5 at entry
- Tier 2: UON determined GPA 5.0 at entry
- Tier 3: UON determined GPA 4.5 at entry.
The applicant must not be in receipt of any other FEBE Fee Waiver Scholarships.
FEBE Scholarships Officer
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759