FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
The FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship has been established to encourage and support academically gifted International students to study a postgraduate coursework program with the Faculty.
This scholarship is open to new International students as well as those international students who have completed undergraduate studies with UON.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an eligible Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework program with UON.
- Be studying on-campus with University of Newcastle in Australia.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Meet the tiered GPA entry level requirements (minimum GPA of 4.5).
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit in current or previous study.
- Not hold any other FEBE fee waiver scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE Alumni Family or FEBE Family Scholarships.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship benefit received will vary depending on your GPA at entry:
- AUD$3,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 5.5 at entry.
- AUD$2,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 5.0 at entry.
- AUD$1,000 payable as tuition fee waiver, for each semester of eligible study for students with GPA 4.5 at entry.
The total scholarship benefit ranges from $6000 to $18,000 over the maximum three (3) year duration of the scholarship, provided eligibility is maintained. The approved benefit at time of entry does not change during the tenure of your scholarship.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only - FEBE will aim to support all students who meet the criteria subject to available funding.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded automatically to students upon application to study an eligible FEBE, Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework degree program at the University of Newcastle.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit and benefit received will be scaled as outlined under Benefit.
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for any other FEBE funded fee waiver scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family scholarship.
The Faculty reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759