FEBE International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
The FEBE International Engineering & Technology Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship has been established to encourage and support academically gifted International students to study an Engineering and Technology postgraduate coursework program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment.
This scholarship is open to new International students as well as international students who have completed undergraduate studies with University of Newcastle.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing full-time in an eligible Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework program with the Faculty in the year for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Meet the tiered GPA entry level requirements (minimum GPA of 4.5).
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit in current or previous study.
- Not be in receipt of any other FEBE Fee Waiver Scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family Scholarships.
- Be able to meet your financial obligations as a full-fee paying international student (incl full tuition fee and other expenses) in accordance with your student visa for study in Australia and in the event that scholarship eligibility is not maintained.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship benefit received will vary depending on the scholar’s GPA at entry and associated tier:
- Tier 1 – GPA 5.5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$750 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs: AUD$667 per 10 credit points.
- Tier 2 – GPA 5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$500 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs: AUD$444 per 10 credit points.
- Tier 3 – GPA 4.5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$250 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs AUD$222 per 10 credit points.
The total scholarship benefit ranges from $6000 to $18,000 over the maximum three (3) year duration of the scholarship, provided eligibility is maintained. The approved benefit at time of entry does not change during the tenure of your scholarship.
Where enrolment occurs in courses across both semesters and trimesters, the basis for the program (semester-based or trimester-based) applies.
The scholarship payment will be made in the form of a tuition fee waiver directly into the scholar’s tuition fee account, thereby reducing the tuition fee liability by the scholarship amount for each term during the program of study. The tuition fee may not be reflected on the tuition fee account until the census date has passed.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded automatically to students upon application to study an eligible FEBE Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework degree program at the University of Newcastle. Students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their offer.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are made in accordance with the University’s procedure for determining Grade Point Average.
The Faculty reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
PVC Unit Team
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Building EF, Room EF105
Callaghan NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759