FEBE-UON Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarship
06 March 2019
The FEBE-UON Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarship has been established to support AUD$28000 tuition fee scholarships for the duration of a full time undergraduate program. It is aimed at encouraging and supporting academically gifted Malaysian students to enrol in programs with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle with a long term view to continuation into Research Higher Degree candidature.
There will be two (2) scholarships awarded for Semester 1 admission intake. Following this, applications will reopen and two (2) scholarships will be awarded for Semester 2 admission intake. Please apply before 10 December if you are commencing study with UON in Semester 1, 2018.
All applicants must have applied for Admission to UON prior to submitting a scholarship application.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program with FEBE, University of Newcastle.
- Be an International student whose country of birth is Malaysia.
- Have a minimum ATAR (or equivalent) of 80, with adjustment factors NOT included.
- Must not have started or completed any enabling, foundation, diploma or degree level studies prior to commencing a current undergraduate program with UON.
- Be studying on-campus with University of Newcastle in Australia.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Must apply to study with UON in a FEBE program prior to scholarship application.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Provide a verified copy of your valid passport.
The total value of the scholarship is up to $AUD28,000 paid as a tuition fee waiver. The benefit will provide $AUD7000 per annum, paid in semester-based instalments of $AUD3500, as tuition fee waiver.
Applicants for this scholarship must complete and submit the relevant scholarship application online, within the application dates, to be considered..
Successful scholars will be determined on the basis of academic merit and the highest ranked students will be awarded. Only two (2) scholarships will be awarded each semester.
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for any other FEBE funded scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family Scholarship.
The faculty reserves the right not to award a scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759