FEBE Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
The FEBE Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship has been established to provide additional support to eligible students for the first two years of study with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, University of Newcastle.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Must not have commenced or completed a prior undergraduate degree program.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan Campus
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This scholarship provides a total financial benefit of $2000 over the two year duration of the scholarship.
The scholarship benefit will be paid as a lump sum of $1000 following semester one census date in each year of the award.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only - FEBE will aim to support all eligible students.
No application is required for this scholarship. The scholarship will be available to all students who meet all criteria.
Successful scholars will be determined on the basis of their confirmation of Aboriginality in accordance with University of Newcastle policy.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759