FEBE Relocation Scholarship
06 January 2020
This scholarship was established in 2015 to provide support for students outside the Hunter and Central Coast regions to relocate to Newcastle and study with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment. The scholarship provides financial assistance to the successful recipient as well as access to guaranteed on-campus accommodation for early applicants.
to be eligible for guaranteed on-campus accommodation, you will need to:
- Apply for this scholarship by Mon 06 January 2020
- Register and complete an application for on-campus accommodation via the Accommodation portal here no later than Wed 15 January 2020
- Accept any offer of on-campus accommodation no later than Sun 26 January 2020
- Have received and accepted your offer to study a Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment program in 2020 at the time of accepting your accommodation and scholarship.
Applicants not intending to live on-campus can still apply for this scholarship. You will be considered for the student portion of the scholarship, which has a total value of $5000.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, University of Newcastle.
- Have a minimum ATAR of 85, with adjustment factors NOT included.
- Have completed a Year 12 Higher School Certificate in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Be relocating to Newcastle from a region outside of the Hunter and Central Coast regions. Refer to excluded postcodes under 'Selection'.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled at Callaghan Campus.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides access to guaranteed on-campus accommodation and a total financial benefit of $8000 over the 2 years of the scholarship.
The scholarship benefit will be paid as:
- A$3000 contribution toward accommodation, payable directly to on-campus accommodation in the first year of the scholarship.
- A payment to the scholar of $1500 following Semester 1 census date and $1500 following Semester 2 census date in the first year of the scholarship.
- A payment to the student of $1000 following Semester 1 census date and $1000 following Semester 2 census date in the second year of the scholarship.
There are 25 on-campus places for Relocation Scholarship recipients, which are guaranteed if accepted within 72 hours of main-round UAC offers being released. After this time, scholarship recipients will have priority for on-campus accommodation, although places can no longer be guaranteed. Note that in either instance, students will be allocated spaces in various UON on-campus accommodation facilities depending on availability. Scholars will not necessarily receive their first choice of accommodation type.
Scholars can not choose to opt for a cash payment of the contribution toward accommodation. However, in the instance that on-campus accommodation is unavailable, the scholar will receive this component as an additional lump sum after the census date on a pro-rata basis.
Applicants for the Scholarship must complete and submit the relevant scholarship application online.
Applications will be assessed against the eligibility criteria and selection will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), and postcode of home address in the year prior to admission.
Selection excludes the following postcodes:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
Scholars receiving this scholarship remain eligible for the FEBE Excellence in Year 12, HIgh Achievers, Women in Engineering, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Scholarships.
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for the FEBE High Performing Student Program Scholarship.
PVC Unit Team
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Building EF, Room EF105
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759