FEBE High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2008 to encourage academically gifted students to enrol full-time in an undergraduate degree program offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, University of Newcastle.
- Must have a minimum ATAR of 95, with adjustment factors not included.
- Must have completed your Year 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling program in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Must not have commenced or completed a prior undergraduate degree program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be studying on-campus at Callaghan.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
At least 25 scholarships will be offered each year. The total financial value of the scholarship is $4000 over the maximum 2 year tenure of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid in instalments of $1000 after semester one and semester two census dates in each year of the award.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded in Semester 1 and Semester 2 following admissions intake.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
The number of scholarships awarded annually is subject to funding. Not all students who receive an ATAR greater than 95 are guaranteed a scholarship.
Preference will be given to students who completed their Higher School Certificate in the year prior to commencing with UON, at a school in one of the following areas:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
Scholars receiving this scholarship remain eligible for the FEBE Women in Engineering, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI), High Performing Student Program, and Relocation Scholarships. Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for the FEBE Excellence in Year 12 Scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759