Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment High Achiever Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2008 to encourage academically gifted students to enrol full-time in an undergraduate degree program offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle.
Applicable to: Engineering, Built Environment, High-achievers, ATAR, First year, 1st year.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, University of Newcastle.
- Must have a minimum ATAR of 95, with bonus points NOT included.
- Must have completed your Year 12 Higher School Certificate OR a University of Newcastle Enabling program in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Must not have commenced or completed a prior undergraduate degree program.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be enrolled at Callaghan Campus
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The total financial value of the scholarship is $4000 over the maximum 2 year tenure of the scholarship.
The scholarship benefit will be paid as a lump sum of $2000 following Semester 1 census date in each year of the award.
Applications are not submitted for this scholarship. Scholarships are automatically awarded in Semester 1 following Main Round admissions.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
NB: The number of scholarships awarded annually is subject to funding. Not all students who receive an ATAR greater than 95 are guaranteed a scholarship.
Preference will be given to students who completed their Higher School Certificate in the year prior to entering University at a school that qualifies for the University's Regional and Rural Preference Scheme.
School Postcodes included in the Regional and Rural Preference Scheme:
- Central Coast 2250-2263
- Mid-North Coast 2431-2459
- Hunter Region 2264-2338 and 2413-2430
- New England 2339-2412
- Central West 2787-2820 and 2845-2877
- Western Plains 2821-2844 and 2878
- Northern Rivers 2460-2483
- Broken Hill 2879-2880
Scholars receiving this scholarship remain eligible for the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Women in Engineering, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI), and High Performing Student Program Scholarships, and Relocation Scholarship.
Scholars receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment Academic Excellence in Year 12 Scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759