FEBE Outgoing Student Exchange Scholarship
06 March 2019
These scholarships are available to Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment students who are participating in the University of Newcastle Student Exchange Program. They were established by the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty to encourage and support students who join the Exchange Program.
Apply Now. Applications will close once the maximum allocation of scholarships is reached. As there are a limited number available it is recommended you apply early.
Applicable to travel, student exchange, study abroad, overseas study, outgoing students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the 2nd year or later in any eligible engineering undergraduate program offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment and have successfully completed a minimum of 60 units of study at Callaghan campus.
- Be approved to participate in the University of Newcastle Outgoing Student Exchange Program OR a PVC (FEBE) pre-approved summer/winter exchange program with an international institution where you will achieve a minimum of 10 units of credit.
- Receive approval from the relevant Program Adviser regarding choice of courses to be studied and subsequent credit.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A copy of your acceptance to study at an overseas institution as part of an exchange program.
- A verified copy of your credit approval from the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Up to 10 scholarships will be offered annually. The scholarship provides up to $1000 to be paid as follows:
$1000 to be paid as a lump sum at HECS census date of the semester of study for full-time study,
a proportionate amount lump sum payment as approved by the PVC (FEBE) for part-time study, paid upon return from exchange and successful credit applied to Callaghan FEBE program.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-in, first-served basis to eligible applicants and the application close date may change should the maximum allocation of scholarships be reached earlier.
Scholars will be assessed against the eligibility criteria. Academic merit and a review of any supporting documentation provided will be taken into account.
A student in receipt of this scholarship is not eligible for the FEBE Global E3 Exchange Scholarship.
PVC Unit Team
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
Building EF, Room EF105
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759