College of Engineering, Science and Environment Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship
This scholarship has been established to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in eligible programs for the first year of study with the College of Engineering, Science and Environment (CESE).
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible undergraduate program within the College of Engineering, Science and Environment, University of Newcastle.
- Establish your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity and heritage with the university as outlined here.
- Must not have commenced or completed a prior undergraduate degree program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The total financial value of the scholarship is $4,000.
The scholarship will be paid as $2,000 following semester 1 census date and $2,000 following semester 2 census date (usually in April and September).
No application is required. Scholarships will be automatically awarded to all students who meet the criteria.
If the number of eligible candidates exceeds available scholarships, selection may consider:
- Academic merit (ATAR/Selection rank);
- Locality, with preference being given to students relocating from a regional and rural areas of Australia;
- Recommendation from Admissions and Scholarships.
Scholars receiving this scholarship remain eligible for the CESE Relocation, CESE Gender Equity, and CESE High Achiever Scholarships.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.