Faculty of Business and Law Excellence Scholarship for Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS)
This scholarship was established in 2020 to recognise and support exceptional students receiving an offer to commence study with University of Newcastle via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).Eligible programs for this scholarship include all undergraduate programs (including combined degrees) offered by the Newcastle Business School in the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Receive an offer of admission to an eligible program via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) in UAC November Round 1.
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program within the Newcastle Business School, University of Newcastle.
- Have demonstrated outstanding performance in Year 11 commensurate with a final raw ATAR of 95 or higher.
- Have completed a Year 12 Higher School Certificate in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
This scholarship is for a term of one year and must be taken up in the study year for which it is awarded.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $2000, which will be paid as $1000 each semester after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
The number of scholarships advertised is indicative. The faculty will aim to support all individuals who meet the eligibility criteria however reserve the right to award to the highest ranked candidates if there is a need to limit available scholarships.
No scholarship application is required.
If you are applying to university via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) and meet the criteria, you will be considered. Please monitor the key SRS application dates listed on the UAC website: https://www.uac.edu.au/key-dates.</p>
Scholarships will be automatically awarded alongside the UAC November Round 1 Admissions outcomes.
Selection of the scholar will be based on academic merit, namely rankings determined during the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) application assessment. Student Central scholarships staff will identify potential recipients, based on the approved eligibility criteria and a review of the relevant UAC and/or University records.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759