South Asia Business and Law Scholarships
The South Asia Business and Law Scholarship has been established to encourage and support international students from South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) to study undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle (Australia).
Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students from the above countries who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying with University of Newcastle in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
The scholarship is open to international students applying to study with University of Newcastle for the first time, as well as students entering via the following approved Newcastle International College (NIC) pathways:
- Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Business and Commerce with NIC and are entering the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce (as year 2).
- Students who successfully complete the NIC Pre-Master’s Program and gain entry to a Masters level Business School Program.
Both trimester and semester programs are included. Eligible programs are:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Combined Innovation & Entrepreneurship programs with Business, Laws (Honours) or Commerce
- Combined Business programs with Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Laws (Honours) or Commerce
- Combined Commerce programs with Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Laws (Honours)
- Juris Doctor
- MBA (Global)
- MBA/Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy (Global)
- MBA/Master of Human Resource Management
- MBA/Master of International Business
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Dispute Resolution
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MBA/Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting/MBA
- Master of Professional Accounting
- MBA (Global)/MSC (Data Analytics)
- Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced)
MBA (Global) dual degrees with partner universities
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) - Montclair State University, New Jersey
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Fashion and Luxury Management - LUISS Business School, Rome
- MBA Global/Master in Management Technology - LUISS Business School, Rome.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible program with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle, as a new student or via an approved Newcastle International College (NIC) pathway (excluding ELICOS, Non-Award, Masters by Research, PhD programs).
- Be an international full-fee paying student from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The number of scholarships available is indicative only. The Faculty of Business and Law will aim to support all students who are eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship provides $2,500 per term of full time study in an eligible program, for up to four terms. These may be paid each semester or trimester, depending on the program, to a total value of $10,000 for a two year program and $5,000 for a one year program.
Students who achieve a Distinction average across their studies will receive an additional $2,500 merit based scholarship in their final term of study.
For students who are studying postgraduate coursework programs that are dual or double degrees shared with another institution, the scholarship benefit will be $5,000 total.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Mr Nimay Kalyani
Faculty of Business and Law
Level 7, Newspace (X) Building
Phone: (02) 4921 7317