Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Newcastle Business School Student Scholarship
05 March 2017
EstablishmentEstablished by the Newcastle Business School, this scholarship aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students wishing to pursue a career in Business or Commerce.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (combined with Business or Commerce) or Bachelor of Business/Commerce (Combined).
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not hold another scholarship (excluding Commonwealth Scholarships).
- Not have previously completed a degree.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written submission (no more than 2 pages) outlining financial disadvantage and what you aspire to achieve with your studies.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (Common Seal) and a written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member who knows you in the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community.
One scholarship will be offered. The scholarship provides the benefit of up to $2,000 for one year to be paid in two (2) payments after the relevant semester census dates.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Assessment of the required documents
- Performance at interview (if required)
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (Common Seal) and/or a written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person of an Aboriginal Community Organisation, for example Land Council, Aboriginal Medical Service (AMS), from the community in which the applicant lives or has previously lived.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759