Researcher Equipment Grants Scheme
UON 2017 Researcher Equipment Grants Scheme
This scheme is currently CLOSED.
The University of Newcastle 2017 Equipment Grants scheme aims to strengthen and assist research programs by providing funds to purchase key equipment items.
Consideration will be given to the following:
- How the equipment supports high quality research;
- Whether the equipment is a strategic investment into research infrastructure;
- Current availability of related or alternative equipment;
- Whether the equipment provides collaborative support to the research group, particularly across disciplines, groups and departments.
- Applications must be received by COB Monday, 1 May 2017
- Applicants may be named on one application only. If an investigator is named on more than one application, all applications that include that investigator will automatically be ruled ineligible and will be removed from the assessment process. It is the responsibility of all CIs to ensure they meet this requirement prior to the submission of an application.
- Maximum funding request is $50,000. If the total value of the equipment exceeds $5,000 the application must include 2 written quotations (to be submitted with the application). If only one quote can be obtained due to the specific nature of the equipment, an exemption application will need to be submitted through RFS prior to the purchase of the equipment.
- The RSG will review the applications in May 2017.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Strategic Initiatives team immediately following the decision by the RSG.
- Equipment must be purchased and received this year to be eligible for funding.
HOW TO APPLY
One electronic copy (PDF format) of the Application Form (below) must be submitted by emailing the form to email@example.com
The subject line of the email must include the words ‘UON 2017 Researcher Equipment Grant Application' and the name of the lead Chief Investigator.
Please Note: Prior to submission to the Research Applications team, the application must be signed by your Head of School, and Assistant Dean (Research).
For questions please contact:
P. 4985 4586
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.