Ourimbah Strategic Pilot Grant Scheme 2017
|This scheme is currently closed|
The Office of the DVC(R&I) seeks innovative pilot research proposals from University of Newcastle researchers based in Ourimbah.
The aim of this scheme is to provide support for researchers to pursue high impact, strategic or collaborative research activities, specifically for researchers based at the Ourimbah campus.
The goals of the pilot grant scheme are to:
- Increase impact for Ourimbah-based researchers and research programs;
- Increase industry focus and foster new collaborations;
- Strengthen research programs based in Ourimbah;
- Provide initial support for junior investigators to establish new lines of research; and
- Provide strategic equipment to investigators to enhance their research.
Consideration will be given to the following:
- Impact of the research in terms of the contribution made to the economy, society, culture, national security, public policy or services, health, the environment, or quality of life, beyond contributions to academia (as defined by the ARC);
- How the proposal strengthens current industry ties or leads to new industry collaborations;
- Equipment: how the equipment supports high quality research; whether it is a strategic investment into research infrastructure; and availability of related or alternative equipment;
- Potential for strategic growth of research within the University as a result of the project.
- Strength of proposal in terms of impact, industry focus, or enhancement of current research program (40%)
- Ability to generate research growth within the University or ability to leverage external funding (40%)
- Research track record relative to opportunity (20%)
- Applications must be received by 10:00am Monday 17 July 2017
- All applicants listed must be employed by UON and based on the UON Ourimbah campus.
- Applicants may be named on one application only. If an investigator is named on more than one application, all applications that include that investigator will automatically be ruled ineligible and will be removed from the assessment process. It is the responsibility of all CIs to ensure they meet this requirement prior to the submission of an application.
- Maximum funding request is $10,000.
Please note: Any applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria with regards to the length of their fixed term appointments (section 5.3 of the Guidelines) are encouraged to apply, but will be required to justify the likelihood of continuing employment in order to demonstrate that the goals of the pilot grant scheme can be met. The justification should include a letter of support from Head of School or immediate supervisor indicating their support and expectations regarding continuing employment.
Full Guidelines and an application form can be found in the links below.
How to Apply
- Download the Application form from our website.
- Submit one electronic copy (PDF format) of the Application Form plus any supporting documentation via email to email@example.com by the deadline. The subject line of the email must include the words ‘Ourimbah Strategic Pilot Grant Application' and the name of the lead Chief Investigator.
- Please Note: Prior to submission to the Research Office, the application must be signed by your Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research).
For questions please contact:|
Kate BeentjesT: 4921 7733
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.