Australian Laureate Fellowships
For funding commencing in 2022
Research Office contact:
This scheme is CLOSED
The opening of the Australian Laureate Fellowships for funding commencing in 2022 has been delayed by the ARC. New dates are yet to be announced. Please subscribe to the Research Office ARC mailing list to receive updates on the upcoming round.
If you are interested in applying or have an external colleague interested in applying via UON, please contact the Research Office about UON support in developing and submitting the application.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme reflects the Commonwealth's commitment to supporting excellence in research by attracting world-class researchers and research leaders to key positions, as well as creating new rewards and incentives for the application of their talents in Australia.
Open to applications from outstanding researchers of international repute, the Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme encourages proposals involving Australian and international researchers by providing eligible Australian Laureate Fellows with Project Funding in addition to a salary supplement and salary-related (on-cost) support.
Up to 17 Australian Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year, including fellowships allocated to exceptional female researchers who will also undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research. Preference will be given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia's internationally competitive research capacity.
For further information, please visit the Australian Laureate Fellowship page on the ARC website.
For funding commencing in 2022
The following timeline is indicative only and may be subject to change
The opening of this scheme has been delayed by the ARC. |
New dates are yet to be announced.
|UON Online Booking System Opens||TBC|
|UON Eligibility and Compliance Check Bookings Period||Thursday 7 to Wednesday 13 October 2021|
|Request not to Assess due to the Research Office||5:00 pm Monday 11 October 2021|
|Request not to Assess due to the ARC||5:00 pm Wednesday 13 October 2021|
|UON Application for Final Deadline||9:00am Wednesday 20 October 2021|
|ARC closes||5:00 pm Wednesday 27 October 2021|
- To enable the allocation of appropriate resourcing, bookings must be made prior to the defined scheme Eligibility and Compliance Check period. Access to book an Eligibility and Compliance Check will no longer be available once the Eligibility and Compliance Check period has commenced. This does not apply for schemes with continuous rounds (i.e. ARC Linkage Projects and NHMRC Partnership Projects).
- The UON deadline for final applications is one (1) week prior to the ARC closing date and requires provision of a final, submission-ready proposal and all associated documentation including a fully signed External Application Coversheet (DOC).
- Schools and Colleges may have their own internal dates for the purpose of peer review/Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research) approval etc. Please contact your School Executive Officer and College Research & Research Training Officer or College Research Development Manager for further information on School/College internal processes.
Please review our ARC/NHMRC Grant Rounds Submission Procedures (PDF) for essential information regarding application submission under this scheme
ARC Supporting Documents
The ARC is now required to publish Funding Rules and associated documents on GrantConnect, the Australian Government whole-of-government, centralised, web-based, grant information system. You will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for Australian Laureate Fellowships.
Once you have signed in to Grant Connect you should download and review the following documents:
- Discovery Program Funding Rule Changes
- Instructions to applicants
- Certification Proforma
- Sample Application Forms
If you encounter any problems using Grant Connect or accessing any of the relevant documentation, please please contact email@example.com or phone on (02) 492 17733.
- External Grant Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- ARC/NHMRC Application Submission Procedure (PDF)
- Quick Guide - External Application Coversheet process (PDF)
- Rejoinder Guide and Tips (PDF)
For further information regarding the Australian Laureate Fellowships Scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on (02) 492 17733.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.