The Uni4You project offers a suite of FREE activities and workshops that foster engagement and encourage enrolment in the University's pathway programs - Open Foundation, Newstep and Yapug.
Uni4You activities and sessions run from September to December every year at a variety of community locations. The Uni4You project team work in the communities of: Raymond Terrace, Cessnock, Muswellbrook, Windale, North Lakes, & the Central Coast.Uni4You Download our brochure
- Open Foundation is a free program for people aged 20 years + (offered on campus and online) and gives people the chance to enter into University.
- Newstep is free program for 18-20 yr olds who did not complete the HSC and would like the chance to enter into University.
- Yapug is a free program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to help gain admission into undergraduate degrees.
Uni4You staff offer assistance and support via;
- Information Sessions
- Career Information
- Preparing for Study Sessions (reading ,writing, lecture note taking, math)
- Library Tours
- IT assistance
- Application and enrolment assistance
- Coping with change discussions
- Peer learning support groups
The Uni4You project is a collaborative project involving staff within The University of Newcastle's Family Action Centre (FAC), The Centre for Excellence in Equity in Higher Education (CEEHE) and the Pathways and Academic Learning Support (PALS) Centre.
We deliver 'learning unleashed' workshops to individuals, parents/carers and community services staff. These workshops are about unlocking the educational potential and learning capacity within communities and families.
I have done well with my studies. And I definitely would not have done as well without the Uni4You project and everything that it offers...
- Jane, young mother of two children under 4.
Uni4You helped me to make life changing decisions for myself and my family…
- Robyn, mother of two children at primary school.
I would not have taken the step into Open Foundation if it weren't for the Uni4You project …
- Natasha, mother of 5, left school at 16.
Uni4You gave me confidence. Even when I struggle, I know that I can do it...
- Alan, student returning to study.