Urban and Regional Studies
The Centre for Urban and Regional Studies (CURS) engages in research focused on the complex political, economic, social, cultural and environmental processes and relations that are transforming cities and regions.
We explore the challenges confronting urban and regional governance and the prospects for creating just and sustainable urban and regional communities, economies and environments. We do this from geographical and interdisciplinary perspectives.
Through basic, applied and community-engaged research, CURS' researchers produce theoretically informed and empirically grounded understandings of:
- the dynamics of urban and regional transformations;
- the ways diverse locations, institutions and communities negotiate the challenges and opportunities posed by these transformations; and we
- contribute to learning to foster innovative governance and community responses.
- Contributions to national and international debates on urban and regional change from geographical perspectives
- Strong research engagements with community and government partners
- A thriving community of post-graduate researchers