Priority Research Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition (PRCPAN)
Are you a dad who wants to spend quality time with your daughter and participate in physical activities to improve her social and emotional wellbeing?
The DADEE (Dads and Daughters Exercising and Empowered) program is coming to the University of Newcastle. We are looking for dads and their primary school-aged daughter/s to join in!
The DADEE program:
- Is a world first 'Dads and Daughters' program designed to increase physical activity levels and the social and emotional wellbeing of young girls
- Involves 8 x 90 minute weekly group sessions delivered by leading physical activity researchers
- Builds confidence, self-esteem and resilience in girls
- Teaches girls sports skills through fun games and physical activities
- Starts Term 1, 2015 at the University of Newcastle
For more information, contact:
Alyce Barnes 4921 6566 or DADEE@newcastle.edu.au
Chief Investigator: Professor Philip Morgan
Or visit our DADEE Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DADEEprogram
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.