Located at UON’s Ourimbah and Callaghan campuses; the Coastal and Marine Science Research Group utilises various facilities and equipment for research including:
- Molecular lab and marine wet lab
- Aquaria system
- Boats, Drones and Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicle’s (ROV’s)
- Genetic and microbiology labs including equipment for DNA, RNA and protein analysis
- Constant temperature rooms
- Behavioural and ecological laboratories and wildlife refuge equipped for a variety of taxonomic groups including amphibians and birds.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.