Advanced Cyber Security Engineering Research Centre
ACSRC Research Highlights 2014
New Research Works on Malware Analysis presented at ESORICS 2014 and Securecomm 2014
- B. Min, V. Varadharajan, "Feature-Distributed Malware Attack: Risk and Defence", Proceedings of European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, ESORICS 2014, Sept 2014.
- B. Min, V. Varadharajan, "A Simple and Novel Technique for Counteracting Exploit Kits", Proceedings of IEEE Securecomm 2014, Sept 2014.
New Research Work in Secure Cloud Services to appear in the IEEE Transactions in Network and Service Management
- V. Varadharajan, U. Tupakula, “Security as a Service Model for Cloud Environment”, Accepted for the IEEE Trans on Network and Service Management, 2014.
New Research Work in Security in Embedded Systems appears in Eurosys 2014
- P. Koeberl, S. Schulz, A. Sadeghi, V. Varadharajan, “TrustLite: A Security Architecture for Tiny Embedded Devices”, Accepted for the European Conference on Computer Systems, Eurosys 2014.
New Research Work on Secure Wireless Mobile Networks in The Journal of Concurrency and Computation and IEEE Transactions in Computers
- U. Tupakula, V. Varadharajan, “Securing Wireless Mobile Nodes from Distributed Denial of Service Attacks", Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience, July 2014.
- M. Haghighi, Y. Xiang, V. Varadharajan, B. Quinn, “A Stochastic Time-domain Model for Burst Data Aggregation in IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Networks” Accepted for The IEEE Transactions on Computers, Jan 2014
New Research Work on Secure Cloud Storage in the Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences
- L. Zhou, V. Varadharajan,M. Hitchens, “Secure Administration of Cryptographic Role-based Access Control for Large-Scale Cloud Storage Systems”, Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 80 (2014), pp. 1518-1533 DOI information: 10.1016/j.jcss.2014.04.019
Research Works on Novel Finger Vein based Recognition appears in IPCV 2014 International Conference
- S. Damavandinejadmonfared, V. Varadharajan, “Finger Vein Recognition in Row and Column Directions Using Two Dimensional Kernel Principal Component Analysis”, Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition, IPCV’14, July 2014, USA
- S. Damavandinejadmonfared, V. Varadharajan, “Effective Kernel Mapping for One-Dimensional Principal Component Analysis in Finger Vein Recognition, Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition, IPCV’14, July 2014, USA
Recent Invited Appointments 2014
- Professor Vijay Varadharajan has been appointed as a Senior International Visiting Professor at the Chinese Academy of Sciences 2014
- Professor Vijay Varadharajan has been appointed to the NSW Government ICT Industry Advisory Panel (Ministerial Appt, NSW Govt) in 2014
- Professor Vijay Varadharajan has been appointed to the Australian Academy of Science’s National Committee Member for Information and Communication Sciences (2014-2016)
- Professor Vijay Varadharajan has been appointed as an Oxford Martin Associate, Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford
- Professor Vijay Varadharajan has been appointed as a Senior Visiting Fellow, Australian Academy of Science (2012-2014)
New Research Projects in 2014
- European Union 7th Framework, “Authentication and Authorization for Entrusted Unions”, (Euro 2.9 Million), 2014-2016 - Vijay Varadharajan, Michael Hitchens, Uday Tupakaula and Chun Ruan, and several European Partners
- ARC Discovery, Cloud Security: Techniques for Securing Cloud Data and Services, (A$480k), 2014-2016 – Vijay Varadharajan