Current Research activities
- Group mission for enhancing ACRCCI research capability
- Regulation of development and yield formation by sugar metabolism, and signalling
- Manipulating nutrient partitioning for high productivity in grain legumes
- Improving heat tolerance of plant reproductive organs
- Plant energy metabolism
- Transfer cell biology and biofuel production
- Water and ion transport
- drought, heat , cold and salt stress tolerance
Research of ACRCCI members are supported by ARC, GRDC, DIISRTE, NSFC; 973 and 863 programs - see individual members' websites for details.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.