WATCH THIS SPACE
RESEARCH ADVANTAGE - NEWSTAR PROGRAM
The NEWstar Program will support the development of emerging UON Mid-Career Researchers who:
- have been identified by their School / Centre / Institute / Faculty as having significant research potential
- can demonstrate proactive efforts to strengthen their research profile
- are planning to advance their research career through promotion at UON
The successful Recipients will aspire to develop into Research Leaders and demonstrate a strong desire to formulate their research career development plans.
The NEWstar Program will:
- assist the development of research leadership capability
- provide practical career development opportunities
- support preparation for promotion opportunities
- facilitate research planning support sessions
- arrange access to research mentorship and / or sponsorship
- optimise the MCR’s research career development over a 12 month period
An Expression of Interest (EOI) will initially be used to identify MCR’s that demonstrate high performance and strong potential for a rapid career trajectory and who would benefit from the 12 month Program.
An allocation of funding will be made available to contribute to an agreed Research Career Development Plan per individual. The funding will be provided over the 12 month timeframe of the NEWstar Program and can be flexible to fit with the requirements of the successful Recipient and may be utilised to, but not limited to:
- dedicate a period of time to intensify research development/training/output (ie. research work placement, learn a new technique/technology, research translation, undertake data management or design technique skills training for a specific timeframe)
- support for research related attendance at international/national conferences or research related access to archival repositories (ie. registration fees, travel costs and family/carer expenses)
- support for research related career development opportunities (ie. registration fees, travel costs and family/carer expenses)
UON Mid-Career Researchers.