Grant Accelerator Program
As part of the Research Advantage Grant Accelerator Program a series of workshops/seminars have been developed to run in 2020 - providing information and practical advice about grant writing, access to expert grant application reviewers and grant incubator workshops. For a full list of dates, topics and registrations, go to Discover.
This workshop is designed to provide an insightful and informative step-by-step guide to grant writing for first-time writers or individuals looking to refresh their skills.
Topics will include:
- knowledge and understanding of the grant writing process
- effective ways to write and prepare grant applications
- development of a project description
- practical planning and justification of budget
- how to write your research track record
Research project management principles
Good project management ensures the smooth and effective running of all research endeavours. It assists greatly in the timing and integration of critical tasks, as well as with the overflow of projects.
This workshop will provide a forum for researchers to learn:
- practical and effective research project management skills
- the requirements for a robust project plan
- how to identify common project management pitfalls and strategies to overcome them
UON Academy of reviewers
The UON Academy of Reviewers is a select and esteemed group of highly experienced researchers who will review draft UON grant applications for major grant rounds (ARC and NHMRC), to provide tactical feedback and advice to applicants.
As the Academy is a small group, the reviews on offer are limited. Faculties will be asked to determine final opportunities should interest be oversubscribed. All applicants interested in this scheme must submit an internal expression of interest form by the advertised date.
Grant incubator workshops
These workshops are a new initiative to support the development of fresh ideas for grant opportunities and collaborations, in a group-facilitated environment.
Open to all UON researchers.