Linkage Projects Support Scheme
This scheme is OPEN.
The University of Newcastle Linkage Projects Support Scheme (LiPSS - previously the Industry Collaboration Support Scheme and Linkage Pilot Scheme) supports UON researchers to develop new research collaborations with partners in order to submit a proposal to the ARC Linkage projects scheme with UON as the Administering Organisation.
Grants will be awarded:
- in the range of $2,000 - $5,000
- for funding in the same calendar year as the planned submission of the ARC Linkage Project proposal
- with all expenditure to be incurred prior to the submission of the ARC Linkage Projects proposal and after the approval of the LiPSS Application.
Grants will be supported by the relevant School or Faculty with costs reimbursed by the Research and Innovation Division following submission of an ARC Linkage Projects proposal.
The LiPSS may support activities that will result in an ARC Linkage Projects proposal, including:
- workshops and meetings between researchers and partners to develop proposals
- support for the development of an ARC Linkage Projects proposal including redevelopment of an unsuccessful funding proposal (for example Linkage Projects or Discovery Projects)
- collection of pilot data to demonstrate the feasibility of the ARC Linkage Projects proposal. Chief Investigators must provide a statement indicating the research objectives of the Linkage Projects proposal to which the data would contribute.
The selection criteria for this scheme are:
- Performance evidence of the researcher(s) capacity to undertake and manage the proposed research collaboration to the point of submitting an external collaborative research funding proposal
- Evidence of a new collaboration between a Partner Organisation and the UON which will result in the submission of an external collaborative research funding proposal
- Evidence that the Partner Organisation has the capacity to contribute to an external collaborative research funding proposal
- The potential for success in obtaining external collaborative research funding and
- Value for money.
To be eligible as a Partner Organisation the organisation must meet the eligibility requirements set out in the current ARC Linkage Projects Funding Rules.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form, answering each question fully and addressing all selection criteria
- Obtain signatures or approvals from other listed Chief Investigators
- Obtain approval from Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research)
- Submit an electronic copy of the Application Form, plus any supporting documentation via email to email@example.com