To receive information regarding ARC grants, please subscribe to our 'research-arc' mailing list. Please also review our ARC/NHMRC Grant Rounds Submission Procedures 2015 for essential information regarding ARC application submission.
ARC Schemes Calendar with internal deadlines
|Scheme||ARC Opens||Closing Date |
|Centres of Excellence 2017||3 June 2015||15 July 2015||22 July 2015|
|2015 Future Fellowships (FT15)||30 June 2015||9:00am, 4 August 2015||11 August 2015|
|Scheme||ARC Opened||Closing Date|
|Future Fellowships 2014||5 November 2013||20 November 2013|
|Linkage Projects 2015||16 September 2014||29 October 2014||12 November 2014|
|Industrial Transformation Training Centres 2015||17 September 2014||26 November 2014||10 December 2014|
|Industrial Transformation Research Hubs 2014||17 September 2014||26 November 2014||10 December 2014|
|Australian Laureate Fellowships 2015||15 October 2014||12 November 2014||26 November 2014|
|Discovery Projects 2016||11 December 2014||18 February 2015||4 March 2015|
|Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) 2016||4 February 2015||11 March 2015||25 March 2015|
|Discovery Indigenous 2016||4 February 2015||18 March 2015||1 April 2015|
|Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) 2016||19 February 2015||26 March 2015||9 April 2015|
Please note: the calendar is a DRAFT calendar and dates are subject to change.
Download a PDF version of the ARC Schemes Calendar (PDF 118 KB).
Important notes regarding lodgement of ARC applications
- In RMS, save each Part of the Proposal one final time
- Ensure all components of the Proposal are complete and valid
- Eligibility and Compliance Review: email the relevant Research Office contact (Neroli.Finlay@newcastle.edu.au) when application is ready to review
- Internal Closing Date: to submit to the Research Office click on 'Submit Proposal to Research Office' located at the bottom of the Proposal Summary Page
- Submit the Written Evidence to the Research Office as detailed above in the Documents section.
RMS allows researchers requesting funding under the ARC National Competitive Grants Program to prepare and submit proposals electronically via the internet.
Each proposal is completed by researchers and consists of an electronic document generated from a combination of data entered directly into the proposal form, and PDF documents attached to the proposal form in RMS 2.0.
- RMS 2.0 Information – for assistance requesting an RMS user account refer to 2.4 Note: The Admin Organisation will be The University of Newcastle
- RMS 2.0 Login
All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted to RMS.
RMS minimum system requirements
RMS 2.0 is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Compatibility with different browsers or older versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer is not guaranteed.
If you have a current ARC grant with outstanding reports, this could affect your eligibility for this scheme. Please see the University of Newcastle ARC Reporting page.
- For further information, also see the ARC reporting page
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: In past rounds, the ARC warranted confidentiality. The Funding Rules now state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law."
Due to this change we recommend that if submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality, applicants should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
- ARC Salary Costs for Professional Staff 2015-2016 (XLS)
- ARC Salary Costs for Academic Staff 2015 (XLS)